Hyatt Hotels has a good selection when it comes to its high-end hotels, with Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt and Andaz likely being the most widely known of its brands. Now, it’s increasing its worldwide luxury footprint by announcing plans to open 21, count ‘em, 21 new luxury properties between now and the end of 2020, with at least three more to follow shortly after that.
Pretty soon luxury lovers will be able to stay in brand spanking new hotels (don’t you love that new hotel smell?) across its Park Hyatt, Andaz, Alila, Grand Hyatt, Miraval and The Unbound Collection brands. Most of the properties will fall under the Grand Hyatt name—with seven hotels announced—followed by Andaz and Park Hyatt in hot pursuit, both coming in at five properties each opening by the end of 2020.
The battle of the brands continues with Alila at two openings and Miraval and The Unbound Collection pulling up the rear and tied at one.
One of the properties we’re thrilled to finally get a gander at is The Unbound Collection’s Great Scotland Yard hotel—which had, shall we say, a few delays along the way—just opened on December 9. It’s located in the former metro London police headquarters, making it a police station you’ll actually want to spend the night in. The other Unbound Collection property opening, the Hôtel du Palais Biarritz, is undergoing massive renos and is situated in a former imperial palace of Napoleon III.
Being big fans of Palm Springs and Prague, we’re also particularly excited about the opening of Andaz properties in those cities. The Andaz Prague, though not opening until 2022, will also be Hyatt’s first foray into the Czech Republic.
But enough talk. We bet you want to get the scoop on what’s opening where, don’t you? Well wait no more; here’s the full list:
Planned Alila openings
- Alila Dalit Bay in Malaysia (2020)
- Alila Hinu Bay in Oman (2020)
- Alila La Gruyère in Switzerland (2023)
Planned/recent Andaz openings
- Andaz Seoul Gangnam in South Korea (opened 2019)
- Andaz Dubai The Palm (2019)—the brand’s entry into Dubai
- Andaz Bali (2020)—the brand’s entry into Indonesia
- Andaz Shenzhen in China (2020)
- Andaz Xiamen in China (2020)
- Andaz Palm Springs in the U.S. (2020)
- Andaz Prague (2022)—Hyatt’s entry into the Czech Republic
- Andaz Toronto (2022)—the brand’s debut in Canada
Planned/recent Grand Hyatt openings
- Grand Hyatt at SFO—only airport hotel at SFO (opened 2019)
- Grand Hyatt Hefei in China (2019)
- Grand Hyatt Al Khobar (2020)—the brand’s entry into Saudi Arabia
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait (2020)—the brand’s debut in Kuwait
- Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India (2020)
- Grand Hyatt Jeju in South Korea (2020)—the largest Grand Hyatt hotel in Asia Pacific
- Grand Hyatt Nashville (2020)—the brand’s entry into Tennessee
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in China (2020)
Planned/recent Park Hyatt openings
- Park Hyatt Kyoto (opened 2019)
- Park Hyatt Doha (2019)—the brand’s entry into Qatar
- Park Hyatt Auckland (2020)—the brand’s debut in New Zealand
- Park Hyatt Jakarta (2020)—the brand’s entry into Indonesia
- Park Hyatt Niseko Hanazono in Japan (2020)
- Park Hyatt Suzhou in China (2020)
Planned/recent Unbound Collection openings
- Great Scotland Yard (opened 2019)—the brand’s debut in the UK
- Hôtel du Palais Biarritz in France (2020)
Planned Miraval openings
- Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa (2020)—the brand’s entry into Massachusetts
So now the race is on to see who will open next!
For more hotel openings, check these stories out.
(Photos courtesy of Hyatt Hotels)